Loosemores Sponsors the RTS Wales Student Television Awards
- 30th January 2018
- No comments
The RTS Wales Centre Student Television Awards 2018 are for student television work that shows outstanding visual and aural creativity. The award ceremony will be presented by Daniel Glyn and will take place in Atrium Theatre, at University of South Wales in Cardiff on January 31st at 6pm.
Loosemores Solicitors is delighted to be sponsoring two award categories. Senior Partner, Mark Loosemore, will be presenting the awards for Original Score and Short Feature. Mark commented: “The team at Loosemores congratulates all of the award nominees and wishes them the best of luck. I’m really looking forward to attending the evening.”
There are five award categories: Animation, Comedy & Entertainment, Drama, Factual and Short Feature. The nominations for the awards are:
- Thomas White, Chris Kelly – Cretin – USW
- Catarina Rodrigues, Chris Phillips – Peach – USW
Comedy & Entertainment
- Joseph James, Benjamin Pesarillo – Boss Fight – UWTSD
- Kieran Butcher, Ashley Harris, Christopher Saunders – The Fall Guy – USW
- Daniel A Williams – Four Hostiles in a Hostel – UWTSD
- Alexander Williams – Carl – UWTSD
- Christopher Deakin, Benjamin Linehan, Lauren Brown, Jodie Edmunds – Gone Fishing – USW
- Kerry Norton – The Forsaken – UWTSD
- Cai Glover, Charlie Greaves, Matthew Reeve – Behind The Sparkle – USW
- Meleri Morgan – Dwy Chwaer a Brawd – Aberystwyth University
- Simon Orman, Lina Alnadi, Lorenzo Mellano – Queen of Toads – USW
- Kieran Jordan, Ben Brown and Pawel Roth – Beast of Brecon – USW
- Aaron Stelfox – Change – USW
- Yat Fung Leung – Spheres – USW
There will also be craft awards for Camerawork, Original Score (Music), Editing, Production Design and Sound. The winners of these awards will be announced on the night.
The Jury panel consisted of professionals drawn from the industry. Judges will look in particular for freshness, originality and audience appeal within the constraints of the law and broadcasting practice.
– Judith Winnan, Jury Chair & Chair, RTS Wales
– Lynn Courtney, Producer/Director, ITV Cymru Wales
– Sophie Francis, Lecturer, Bath University
– Daniel Glyn, Managing Director, Made in Cardiff
– Martyn Ingram, Managing Director, Wales & Co
– Owain Morgan Jones, Leader, Brand and Image, S4C
– Samantha Rosie, Executive Producer, BBC Cymru Wales
Before the Awards ceremony takes place, RTS Wales Centre will be holding an Industry Day event in conjunction with the Film and TV School Wales/University of South Wales at the same venue. The day will include a conference to celebrate and discuss the future of TV in Wales, an industry fair, networking opportunities, and masterclasses.
Sara Griffiths, Consultant at Loosemores Solicitors, will be attending the industry fair. Sara is an experienced commercial solicitor, specialising in the media and entertainment sector. She is currently ranked as the ‘leading individual’ Media and Entertainment lawyer in Wales by The Legal 500, which also recognises the firm’s Senior Partner, Mark Loosemore as a ‘recommended lawyer’ for Media and Entertainment. The Loosemores team is ranked in Tier 1 for Media and Entertainment in Wales by The Legal 500.
Please visit the Loosemores Media and Entertainment page to find out more.
02/02/2018. Well done to all the award winners! Pleasure for us to be involved as a sponsor and to see the very high quality of entries.
Animation: Catarina Rodrigues, Chris Phillips – Peach – USW
Comedy & Entertainment: Kieran Butcher, Ashley Harris, Christopher Saunders – The Fall Guy – USW
Drama: Kerry Norton – The Forsaken – UWTSD
Factual: Meleri Morgan – Dwy Chwaer a Brawd – Aberystwyth University
Short Feature: Yat Fung Leung – Spheres – USW
Craft Skills Award Winners
Camerawork: Gone Fishing. Indra’s Net
Original Score (Music): Queen of Toads
Production Design: Spheres