Court of protection

If you have a relative who can no longer manage his or her financial affairs due to age, mental or physical illness, it may be necessary for you to apply to the Court of Protection for a suitable person to be appointed for this purpose.

We have extensive experience of working with those that are vulnerable. Therefore we are able to advise on the most appropriate type of support for your circumstances.

We can help you to prepare an application to the Court of Protection to be appointed as a deputy so that you are authorised to:

  • Make withdrawals from the person’s bank account for the benefit of the person
  • Make decisions as to personal welfare
  • Receive income on behalf of the person
  • Deal with any property owned by the person
  • Settle any debts and care fees of the person
Please email our specialist private client team or call us on 02920 224433 to find out more.